12 January 2008

My Motivational Statement

There are several reasons why I would love to be a part of Americorps. I have always had a passion for helping others. In fact I would go so far as to say that I always put others before myself. I am so passionate about helping others out because I know that I am extremely fortunate, despite the fact that I haven’t had the easiest life, and I know that there are so many people out there far less fortunate than I am. And there is something about enhancing someone else’s life that is so rewarding to me. I make every day of my life a challenge to make someone else’s life better, by listening to their problems, smiling and saying hello, giving a hand, and becoming a CNA. I may not have an outstanding record of volunteer work but I feel that I make up for it with a big heart, my ability to work well with others, and with the dreams I have for my future. My ideal future is to travel the world, be it with other charitable organizations or an organization I start, and help anyone and everyone in need. I don’t need the fancy house and the perfect high paying career that most Americans dream of. I want to better the lives of others through my hard work and generosity even if that means sacrificing luxuries in my own. And by hard work, I mean that when I have it set in my mind to accomplish a project, no matter how hard, I will not give up. I will do anything possible to accomplish the task and do it to the best of my ability. And I truly feel that since I have not had a chance to help out in a big way here in Tomah, Wisconsin, I believe Americorps will give me the foundation and encouragement to push myself towards my dreams of traveling the world to benefit the lives of the less fortunate. The Americorps would be the perfect way to expose myself to this life I dream of and to help many other people towards the life that they dream of.It would be an honor but more of a blessing to be a part of this program.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you end up getting in?

Unknown said...

Nice work! I'm writing mine now. This was helpful :)

Anonymous said...

I am currently working on my application for AmeriCorps and I was wondering how many skills you checked on yours. I'm not sure if it would be best to just focus on the skills the position is looking for or if I should expand and put all my skills. Do you think its better to have more skills or does "less is more" apply in this situation. I appreciate any help!!!