31 January 2008

Bon Voyage..

Age and I arrive at the Tomah train station at around 11 a.m.
To my surprise, there are at least 30 family members and friends ready to say their good-byes...
It's nice to see all of these loved ones behind our hopes and dreams.
We are rushed onto the train, in tears and filled with sooo many emotions.
I turn to look at Age and all I can do is cry, look at her and say, "I can't believe we are finally doing this." But behind my tears I can't help but let out my excited laughter...so it comes out as an akward sob/laugh...That quite honestly made my stomach churn.
It hits me, time flew, we are finally leaving!
But it still hasn't hit me that I won't be returning home for another 10 months.
It really only feels as if we'll be on vacation for, oh I don't know, a week.
The train passes by Oakdale, Camp Douglas, and Mauston in what seems like minutes.
We left our hometown, just like that, with one step on the train and all our family members behind us in tears and left with high hopes and worry I'm sure.

No comments: