20 April 2008

Driven by...

And I'm stuck, I don't know the word to explain it.
I was on a high I guess you could say...
I worked harder today than I'll ever even begin to explain.
The funny thing is, it was a long, exhausting day, but it felt like 15 minutes.
I was focused.
I had a goal, and I was going to achieve it.
No matter what hurdle stood in the way.
That's when time isn't on one's side.
My body was numb.
Numb to the way I was challenging it.
To the physical demands I was pusing it to.
My mind was held captive.
By a feeling I can not explain.
I was the bus on "Speed."
I couldn't slow down or I'd blow up.
My tears were being held back by my work pace.
My blood, sweat, and tears were literally poured into my work today.
I walked out of The Briere House today with raw & bloody shins...
Covered head-to-toe in dust, caked on by my sweat.
I got the, "Are you dying?" look, because of the tears swelling up in my eyes.
And all driven by...
What?
Something I can not explain with words...

No comments: